Supporting Membership and Partnerships
BAISIS Supporting Membership is open to providers of educational goods and services to schools. These may include educational agents, companies providing services such as insurance or travel, tutoring or online tuition providers, guardianship agencies or university admissions offices. BAISIS is delighted to offer a range of benefits to our supporting members, listed below:
- Full listing in the Supporting Members area on the BAISIS website
- Formal welcome and introduction by email to our member schools
- Access to our directory of members
- Free access to the news section on the BAISIS website to update members on your activities
- Free access to the vacancies section on the BAISIS website to publish job advertisements
- Free access to the members section of the BAISIS website to see minutes of meetings, CPD sessions and other school and international education information
- Permission to use the BAISIS logo on your website, stationery and promotional literature
Conferences and Meetings
- Priority booking for exhibitor stands at the BAISIS Annual Conference
- Reduced conference exhibitor/delegate rates for the BAISIS Annual Conference
- Option to submit proposals for speaker slots at BAISIS meetings, including the Annual Conference
- Advance notice of sponsorship opportunities for BAISIS conferences
Supporting Membership fee: £395 per annum
To apply, please contact BAISIS at: email@example.com
BAISIS aims to work in partnership with a range of other membership organisations within the international education sector to promote best practice in a variety of ways. To date, we have agreed partnerships with the following organisations:
The Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students was founded in 1994. Its aim is to promote universally high standards of guardianship for international students studying in the UK. AEGIS works for the safety, welfare and education of international students aged 18 or under. Its core work is the accreditation of guardianship organisations through a rigorous programme of inspections led by ISI and OFSTED-trained inspectors. By supporting AEGIS, a school shows that it believes in best practice in the guardianship of international students. Membership also ensures that the welfare of its international students meets UKVI requirements for Tier 4 sponsors. School members also benefit from discounted rates at AEGIS events, associated events and a profile on the AEGIS website.
ALTO is a professional association that provides a global platform for leaders and decision makers within the language and educational travel industry to further develop and grow the industry through networking, professional development, idea and information exchange. The association provides interactive events several times a year, offering members a chance to openly discuss current challenges and opportunities for growth in the educational travel industry. ALTO also invites high-profile guest speakers to conduct thought-provoking seminars and educational workshops. Membership is open to owners and directors of organisations and businesses involved in language or educational travel.
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education is a professional association serving educational institutions and the advancement professionals who work on their behalf in alumni relations, communications, development, marketing and allied areas. CASE helps its members build stronger relationships with their alumni and donors, raise funds for campus projects, produce recruitment materials, market their institutions to prospective students, diversify the profession, and foster public support of education.
To fulfill their missions and to meet both individual and societal needs, colleges, universities and independent schools rely on-and therefore must foster- the good will, active involvement, informed advocacy and enduring support of alumni, donors, prospective students, parents, government officials, community leaders, corporate executives, foundation officers and other external constituencies. CASE helps its members build stronger relationships with all of these constituencies by providing relevant research, supporting growth in the profession and fostering support of education.
CASE also offers a variety of advancement products and services, provides standards and an ethical framework for the profession, and works with other organizations to respond to public issues of concern while promoting the importance of education worldwide.
BAISIS members enjoy access to CASE’s monthly e-zine and reduced rates for its training webinars and conferences. Click here for more.
COBIS is a membership association of British International Schools of global quality and corporate Supporting Members. COBIS exists to serve, support and represent its 400+ member schools and their leaders, governors, staff and students by:
- Providing quality assurance in member schools
- Representing members with the British Government, educational bodies, the corporate sector
- Providing effective professional development for senior leaders, governors, teachers and support staff
- Facilitating, co-ordinating and supporting professional networking opportunities for British International Schools
- Processing Disclosure and Barring Service checks to promote child protection and safer recruitment and employment practices
- Engaging, challenging and inspiring students of all ages and abilities by delivering excellent inter-schools competitions and events
- Communicating news and research about developing practice in the international and UK education sector
- Facilitating high impact “Member to Member” professional networking
- Promoting career opportunities within the global COBIS network
COBIS hosts a range of conferences and professional development events, both face-to-face and online, for teachers, middle leaders and support staff as well as an Annual Conference in London in May for Heads, Governors and Senior Leadership Teams. In addition to accessing high quality training, COBIS events provide excellent opportunities for the development of professional contacts and friendships.
BAISIS member schools are invited to join COBIS conferences and training events, as well as access COBIS networking opportunities, by being automatically part of the COBIS communications database. For further information see https://www.cobis.org.uk
English UK is the United Kingdom’s national association of accredited English language centres for international students. We represent UK English language teaching nationally and internationally, promoting the highest quality, supporting our member centres and working to ensure that students enjoy the best-possible experience in the UK.
Exporting Education UK is a cross-sector group of UK organisations involved in international education which have come together to promote the value of the sector to the UK and its contribution to the UK’s long term competitiveness in the global economy. The group is known as ExEdUK for short.
Education exports are worth around £18 billion to the UK economy and have the potential for year on year growth. ExEdUK members believe there is a need for all parts of the sector to work more closely together to promote the contribution of education exports to politicians, policy makers and the media.
ExEdUK is the secretariat to an All Party Parliamentary Group on international education in the UK.