Building on more than 20 years’ experience of providing Continuous Professional Development to EAL teachers and teachers of other curriculum subjects to non-native speakers, the British Association of Independent Schools with International Students is delighted to offer a certificated two-day course for new and experienced teachers. The perfect course for teaching staff at, or about to join, schools with international students, it comprises the following five modules:
1) EAL Overview | Identifying the needs of international students and understanding potential barriers to learning.
2) EAL Practical Strategies | Exploring practical strategies and techniques for effective learning in the mainstream classroom.
3) Integrated approach | Exploring the benefits of a whole-school approach to learning for international students.
4) STEM | Examining a Content and Language integrated approach to learning in STEM subjects.
5) Humanities | Examining a Content and Language integrated approach to learning in Humanities subjects.
Dates: Thursday 13 June – Friday 14 June 2019
Venue: The Angel Hotel, Market Harborough LE16 7AF
Cost: £300 (BAISIS member schools) £399 (non-member schools) (Cost includes one night’s accommodation and meals as well as certificate at completion of course)